Page content

For Master’s studies only

Office hours

Tuesday8.30–11.30 a 12.30–14.30
Thursday8.30–11.30 a 12.30–14.30

The Study Department for international students is located on the 3rd floor of the U1 building.

What if

Here’s a list of the most common questions that may help you find a solution to your problem.

you need to ask for a payment of the tuition fee in two instalments

In justified cases, students in higher years may ask the Dean of the Faculty of Medicine in Pilsen for a permission to pay their annual tuition fee in two equal instalments. Payment in two instalments is not claimed automatically. The final decision in this matter is entirely to the Dean of the Faculty.

The deadline for a request submitting is the end of July of previous Academic year (e.g. for splitting payment for the Ac. year 2024/25, the deadline is end of July 2024) . After this date any requests will not be accepted! 

A student will fill in the request form with an option payment of tuition fee in two installments and a short justification and submit it to the study department in person or as a scan sent via e-mail.

In case if student´s request is positively approved by the Dean, student will visit the Study Department personally to sign an Instalment plan/agreement, which is a binding document for the payment of tuition fee in two instalments.

Without any exception, all new coming 1st year students will pay a full amount of tuition fee in one instalment.

More information about the tuition fee.

you would like to interrupt your studies

Study may be interrupted more than once upon request from a student (or by virtue of office). With the exception of very serious reasons, namely a health condition, the interruption of study is not granted before the second unit of study (if the units of study are years). Study interruption from a student side commonly has following reasons: 

1. The student applies for interruption of study on the grounds of pregnancy, delivery, or parental care or for the purpose of caring for a dependant

  • student will submit a form of request and a proof of parenting (e.g. a birth certificate of the child, a pregnancy certificate, etc.)
  • study will be interrupted for the period of time which would otherwise be covered by the maternity (or parental leave) of the student

2. The student applies for the interruption of study because of a serious health condition

  • student will submit a form of request together with a medical report proving the health condition
  • study will be interrupted until the time for enrollment into upcoming unit of study

3. The student fulfilled the requirements for the relevant unit of study and did not begin study in the subsequent unit of study

  • student will submit a form of request, no justification is needed in this case
  • study will be interrupted for the period remaining until the expiration of the maximum duration of study

Student is asked to deliver the request for study interruption together with all supporting document to the English Study Department office. If the student cannot deal with this matter in person, it can be also solved by another person on the base of power of attorney. 

you would like to terminate your studies

A student can leave the studies at any time of his/her own free will. In this case, student is asked to deliver the request for study termination to the English Study Department office. Leaving the study does not give rise to the right to a refund of the fee associated with the study in a foreign language (tuition fee). After study termination, student will receive a Transcript of Records (a list of completed study requirements) and a confirmation of study progress.

you need to ask for an Individual Study Plan

A student can ask for an Individual Study Plan for a several reasons, e.g.:

1. If the curriculum makes it impossible, through setting prerequisites for the registration for further subjects, to acquire in the subsequent unit the minimum number of credits for registration in the next unit of study, student can ask for an Individual Study Plan (gap year). The condition for ISP in this case is maximum of two missing study duties

The request for ISP has to be submitted to English Study Department office latest until the last day of enrollment into the next unit of study (typically 30th of September)!

2. ISP request is also required from students leaving for an Erasmus stay, we ask students to submit a form before their planned leaving (beggining of semester or Ac. year).

you would like to ask for a subject recognition

Student may apply for recognition of the fulfilment of assessment of a subject. The fulfillment of the study obligation must not be older than the standard period of study extended by two years. Student will follow instructions: 

  • collect a proof of completing the subject and its sylabus
  • fill in the form of request (other study issues)
  • visit a subject guarantor with all above mentioned documents and ask for his/her statement which must be clearly written on the form of request (or attached to it)
  • submit all these documents to English Study Department office

you need information about summer practice

General Medicine 

According to the study plan (curriculum), you are asked to fulfill a summer practice after summer semester, specifically:

  • 2nd year students: subject Patients Care, range of 60 hours;
  • 4th year students: subjects Practice – Internal Medicine, range of 60 hours, and Practice – Surgery, range of 60 hours

It is a habit and we recommend to our students to do a summer practice in their home countries. The practice can be fulfilled in any medical facility if the syllabus will be followed.

In case students will need any document to arrange passing summer practice in hospital in their home country, they can contact English Study Department to issue it.

Students of the 2nd and 4th year of General Medicine Course, who cannot do the summer practice in their home countries, can complete the practice at the University Hospital in Pilsen. Such a students are asked to contact the chosen department, where they want to do the practice for the prior approval, and to inform the English Study Department latest until the end of April of the respective Academic year by submitting a document “prior approval summer practice” confirmed by the chosen department. Please note that in case of completing Patients Care practice here in Pilsen, the knowledge of Czech language is required.

After completing the practice, students will submit the confirmation form to English Study Dept. office to obtain a credit; such a confirmation must be submitted latest until the date of enrollment into the next year of study.

All forms needed incl. syllabi are available from the download section


The practice is organised by the Department of Stomatology, from which students will receive all the information.

you would like to complete the practical part of the 6th year abroad

All of you have an option to complete the 6th year practical part of clinical courses (your block-teaching) in hospital other than University Hospital in Pilsen, specificaly a hospital abroad, in you home country or any other country

All the information and forms you will find in the download section, namely:

  • Vice-Dean’s statement – Options
    • please read this document carefully, the conditions and options which you will have to meet are clearly written in it.
  • Vice-Dean’s statement – block teaching during summer
    • Vice-Dean usually approves a possibility to complete the practical part of clinical courses in your home countries also before start of the upcoming Academic year for 6th year students (during summer after 5th year)
  • Application
    • the official form of request, we kindly ask you to submit this document to the English Study Department Office (approved and signed by the Head of the Department concerned) – please let us know as soon as possible which subjects you are going to fulfill abroad, but latest until the end of June of the Academic year of your 5th study year.
  • Student’s Log-Book
    • this document you will present (according to previous agreement with the subject guarantor) to the relevant department in the University Hospital Pilsen as a prove that you have met all their requirements, so then you can obtain a credit

you want to enroll yourself to the next year of study

The enrollment into 2nd-5th/6th year is done in an electronic way.

Electronic enrollment does not aply for the enrollment into the 1st year and Individual Study plan. Enrollment into the 1st year of study is done in person (admitted student will be invited to a selected date of enrollment), enrollment into the individual study plan is done by submitting a request via paper form to the English Study Department.

1. Summer Practice confirmation

Submit a summer practice confirmation to the Study Department (2nd and 4th year GM student) in person or via e-mail. As a subject of the email write: Summer practice – Name, Surname – year and field of study (GM)

Students of 2nd, 3rd and 4th year of DY submit a summer practice confirmation to the Department of Stomatology according their given instructions.

Forms are available in the download section.

2. Check your personal data in the SIS. 

In case if some of your data set in the SIS are not valid anymore, please update it.

3. For your own purpose run in SIS the checking of your study duties necessary for the enrollment into the next year.

Is some fullfilled credit or exam missing in your SIS?

All results are recorded by appropriate Departments and Clinics into the SIS system. Student´s responsibility is to check, if their results are recorded in the system correctly and on time – at least within 5 working days from the date of sitting their exam or credit. In case if this does not happen, student is obliged to contact their examinator via email. The copy of their email should be forwarded to the garant of the subject, too.

4. Register of core-elective subjects

The number of credits achieved in core elective subjects for the whole time of study is 18 for General Medicine Course and 15 for Dentistry Course.

Redommended number of credits by years: 

General Medicine Number of ECTSDentistryNumber of ECTS
2nd year22nd year5
3rd year43rd year5
4th year44th year5
5th year8

Detailed manual here

5. Send a request for the enrollment into the next year via SIS to the Study Department.

Detailed manual here

If everything is correct, you will be enrolled by a Study Department in an electronic way.

Student who do not complete their enrollment during the enrollment terms set by the Faculty will be prompted via email in the SIS to do so at the latest during the alternative term. If student do not enroll at the latest by the alternative enrollment date, it applies that by the date of the alternative enrollment date their study was terminated.

To avoid problems with the start of study we appeal to all students to pay their tuition fee on time and do their enrollment as soon as possible if the conditions for their enrollment are fullfilled.

Contact for doctoral studies

Contacts and information on doctoral (Ph.D.) studies can be found on the Doctoral Study page.

Forms and Documents

Forms and documents that you need during your studies at the faculty can be found in Downloads.