Instructions for the Enrollment
Enrollment 2019/ 2020
Based on the Dean´s provision Nr. 4/2018, all study duties necessary for the enrollment into the academic year 2019/20 must be completed not later than on 13th September 2019(based on the Dean’s provision Nr. 5/2017).
Academic year 2019/20 starts on Tuesday, 1st October 2019,
Teaching starts already on Monday 30th September 2019!
All students must be enrolled before this date.
Official enrollment days for 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th years of GM and DY are set as follows:
Mo 2nd, Tue 3rd, Thu 5th September 2019, 8:00 - 12:00
Mo 9th, Tue 10th, Thu 12th September 2019, 8:00 - 12:00
Mo 16th, Tue 17th, Thu 19nd September 2019, 8:00 - 12:00
Blocks of teaching for both groups A1 and A2 of the 6th year GM start on Monday, 26th August 2019. All 6th year students must be enrolled before this date.
Official enrollment days for 6th year GM are set as follows:
Tue 20th and Thu 22nd August 2019, 9:00 - 12:00
(Changing of dates and times of enrollment terms as well as changing the opening hours of the Study office during the Summer vacation due to technical reasons is reserved. Please check the section Actual Study information)
In case if you completed all study duties necessary for the enrollment into the next year, paid the tuition fee for the next academic year and fullfilled all enrollment administrative steps - see bellow- you can come to enroll anytime during our opening hours in summer (June, July, August).
Check before you come to enroll, if you have the minimum of credits and meet all prerequisities necessary for the enrollment into the next year. In case of doubts contact the Study Dept. for Medical Studies in English. For more information about the curricula and prerequisities see the Karolinka booklet http://www.lfp.cuni.cz/download/sekce/guides-for-students
If you did not completed your study duties and would like to continue your study in Individual Study Plan, Study Dept. for Medical Studies in English will inform you, what are your options and what to do in this case. It is necessary to ask for a permission writing an official request to the Dean of the Faculty and submit it to the Study Dept. for Medical Studies in English before the enrollment. The request form you will find on our websites https://www.lfp.cuni.cz/clanek/1853-reguest.html. After your request is processed, you will be enrolled based on the Dean´s decision then.
Enrollment administrative steps:
All documents for the enrollment must be submitted personally to the Study Department. Documents sent via email will not be accepted.
1. Print the enrollment form , fill it in and sign. You can find the enrollment form as an attachement in the bottom of this article or under the section Forms on our websites. (http://www.lfp.cuni.cz/sekce/260-forms.html )
2. Choose and register the Core-Elective subjects – follow the instructions on our websites. Registration of core-elective subjects must be done personally through the SIS system before you come for the enrollment. Registration is possible from June. Print out the list of registered subjects and bring it for the enrollment – you will not be enrolled without it! For instructions how to register for core-elective subjects please see http://www.lfp.cuni.cz/download/sekce/guides-for-students
Minimum required number of credits achieved in core elective subjects:
GM – min. 18 credits for the whole time of study
DY – min. 15 credits for the whole time of study
3. Fill in names of subjects into your index . Use a Karolinka booklet http://www.lfp.cuni.cz/download/sekce/guides-for-students as a guide to have a list of subjects. Do not forget to write names of registered core-elective subjects too. In case if you need to cary an uncompleted exam in some subject from the previous year into the next year, write the name of this subject into your Index for the new academic year again. Please note, that it is not possible to carry uncompleted exam into the next year in two consecutive academic years.
4. Print out your Credit list from the SIS system.
5. Students of the 2nd and 4th year GM and 2nd, 3rd and 4th year DY are to submit their Summer Practice confirmation. Respecting the curricula, the subject Summer Practice must be completed during the summer vacation of the appropriate year of study (July, August, September). Summer practice confirmation with the date which is not corresponding to this requirement will not be accepted.
6. Have a confirmation of your tuition fee payment.